The DEM offers a 1 year Fellowship in Simulation to self-funded postgraduate trainees in an Emergency Medicine program. The Fellowship would be of interest to physicians who would like to plan a career as a clinician educator with a focus on simulation-based education. The Fellowship program partners with the University of Ottawa AIME program (Academy for Innovation in Medication Education).
The Fellowship year consists of:
- didactic sessions in medical education and simulation-based education
- leading and debriefing simulation sessions
- planning educational programs and curriculum for simulation
- conducting simulation-based educational research
- clinical ED shifts to maintain clinical skills
Dr. Brian Weitzman